Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Solace

A game. For some vindication. For others just a body with no soul. I walk into the mouth of madness. Alone, but not afraid. Afraid, but not alone. 213 is with me. We know this is part of the process. We understand it's the path and it will not define us, but its the right thing to do. The eye of the storm now. All impulses say to run. We are steadfast. Some see a body with no soul. Others seek vindication. But its just a game. And the best hand wins.

I watch. The day is abnormal. Almost like I don't belong. But I try. Not that anyone deserves anything in this life, but I give it anyway. A quaint verification. A subtle depiction. Closure. I still don't belong. The day is still abnormal. I continue to watch.
I taste. The sun is setting. Words are told in prose form. Sentences are constructed so that the deeper meaning is understood. A sip. More words. Now a gulp. I have a realization. But it is one I have had many times. People are just searching. And I pray for them. I pray to every god. I hope their search ends one day. Words are told in prose form. The sun has set. The taste is succulent.

It's dark. A new location. More closure. I find myself right where I want to be. On the brink of rescue. Even when I am worth nothing, I see the beauty in resilience. Now a smoke. A calming. A flask. A swig. An uncontrollable urge to save the world. Some humor. A unique but always welcomed feeling of euphoria. Closure. A new location. It's still dark.
I drive. I reflect. I acknowledge. It's a funny thing to have remorse. I am intrigued by the act of forgiveness. I feel hope. I feel like no more kids are starving and there is no more war in the world. I am wrong, but this feeling is intense. I remember I must do more for this world. Its a calling. I acknowledge. I reflect. I drive.

It's called a game. But it's much closer to life than people realize. The highs. The lows. The trials. The tribulations. The triumphs. At times angels play trumpets from the heavens and also at times the flames from the depths of hell smother your body. But to play the game the right way is the key. To play life the right way is the path. There will always be winners. There will always be losers. On this night I was a winner and a loser. And when I laid my head down for rest, I knew I played the game the right way.