Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Birthday Prayer

I was just a young man when the conception was made
But I remember thinking a woman was going to bred another woman
I wondered if the cycle would continue or be broken
After all life had not come easy
There was pain and hurt and consequences
But the past is just the past
I kept her sonogram on my bed surrounded by Christmas lights in October
She was cute in an alien sort of way
A girl for sure, but like her mom I did not know
For a woman whom breeds another woman
It is special even if they do not show
For part one was an adventure nonetheless
But what would part two bring to the table
A special child is what she is
A special connection is what she needs
For a woman to breed another woman
That's a special connection indeed
She was given a name that was special
In fact it was divine
Her pageantry was amazing
As the bond was formed between mother and daughter
But as the years pass by I often sit and wonder
What would happen if they did not have each other
You see we have to forget the past
Because we often forget the future
And we never live in the present
A woman had another woman
And there both very special to me
On a day when another year passes
I hope they remember each other
At the end of our lives no matter how old we are
ALL WE HAVE IS EACH OTHER'S LOVE