Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Fragments

From the beginning
We witnessed it all
We felt it in our core
We took it all in
We saw kindness
We were given love
We saw malevolence
We sensed anger
We disguised violence
We lived chaos
We never understood confusion
We were just not ready
Adolescent minds
Somewhere between then and now
We gained substance
Our senses grew roots
We learned astonishment
We kept vitality
Love was the constant
But in many different unexpected forms
The formula changed
Yet my recollection states it is the same
I still can't decipher the uncertainty
Perplexity never gives hope
Analysis of life gives no solace
Mistakes come to the forefront
No matter the magnitude
No matter the benevolence
It hits like a typhoon
Realization that death is not loss of body
Secluded in my thoughts
Alone with their words
Fear of being what I never wanted to be
I weep